Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Little Messes

Is my blog starting to sound a bit like "Deep Thoughts by Jack Handy"...?  If so, I apologize. I've had a lot (a whole lot) of time to think these days, and even better - a little bit of spare time in the evenings to either force myself to NOT bid on things on ebay or to sit down and blog. Blogging has won out for this week, apparently. Which is probably good because the medical bills are rolling in and it ain't looking pretty!

So, my thought for tonight is this...and it's something that hit me just now as I was walking out of the bathroom and tripped over a randomly placed toddler-sized rain boot.

During the day, all Julian's little messes drive me up the wall. Cleaning is literally a situation of two steps forward and one step back. Heck, sometimes it's one step forward and two steps back. As I finish cleaning the kitchen, I move to the living room, only to notice 4 minutes later that my clean kitchen floor is now covered with assorted tupperware or refrigerator magnets or dribbles of apple juice...and about the time I get back over there to pick it up, the living room has already been demolished.

And yet...when night time rolls around and he's been asleep for an hour or two (you know, on the lucky nights that he sleeps), I walk around the house picking all his little messes, and every single one of them makes me smile because I remember exactly how cute he was when he was playing with his Mr. Potato Heads and insisted they all had boo-boos and needed band-aids, or how incredibly adorable he was when he walked into the bathroom wearing a plastic fire man's hat, his fireman rain boots and a big proud smile.

Life is funny that way.


Taking a short break from terrorizing the house.

1 comment:

Irish Italian Blessings said...

I could have written this post! My entire day is spent cleaning up messes but at least my toddler is a very well stimulated child!