And so, like most little boys, Julian has a few new interests these days. This includes:
1.) Bugs
I don't know where he gets this, because it sure isn't from me.
Get the idea? If we're outside...we're looking for bugs. Roley Poleys are a favorite (how the heck do you spell that?) because they become balls of course...and balls are really fun to throw in the air or roll on the ground or step on....sadly, very few roley poleys make it out alive. I will say though that my child who used to yell "EW YUCK" at any and all spider-looking creatures is becoming more and more brave....and even tried to pick one up the other day. I do believe I had a small heart attack.
More interests:
2) Puddles/Dirt/Mud/Rocks/DIRTY STUFF
![]() |
| And tattoos.....of course. |
![]() |
| A bug in a puddle? SCORE |
Puddles are especially fun, but anything dirty will do. He also particularly enjoys poking sticks at holes in the ground while Mommy screams "NOOOOO, SNAKES!!!" at the top of her lungs. Yeah. There is no scaring this kid. I need to learn that I just made it COOLER to poke suspicious holes with sticks. Great.
Also -
3) Figuring out how things work
This he most likely got from his Daddy, or maybe it's just a typical toddler thing to tinker with anything and everything until you've either figured it out or have broken it beyond repair.
Cuddle time might be more like a wrestling match these days, and while phrases starting with "Do not," "That hurts," and "If you don't..." are a dime-a-dozen around these parts, he's still sweet enough to pick flowers for his Momma every now and then...
He brings me roley poly's too, but I digress.

















1 comment:
I have so much to learn about these boys! My daughter so far loves makeup and hair products, oh and bugs, so maybe I'm a little prepared. Love the pictures and so excited your hubs will be home soon! Yaaay!
Post a Comment