It's officially July. I have both looked forward to and dreaded this month, and I continue to go back and forth about which I feel right now. July brings a lot of great things, Eddie's birthday (happy 35th TODAY...for 20 more minutes anyhow), Independence Day, Julian's birthday, my Father's birthday, the month I was conceived (ahem...don't think I forgot THAT little tidbit.) And then there are the things that could go either way - the heat that keeps you from doing anything but staying inside with the AC blasting or hanging out near some sort of body of water, the bugs, the SPIDERS, The snakes, the chiggers, BBQ grills blazing, neverending sunlight....
And then there are the things that I'm dreading...the big D: deployment. Yes, we're lucky that it's a short one (really lucky, and I know just how lucky because I've been through a not-at-all-short one already)...but the timing couldn't be worse, honestly. Eddie will go on orders soon after Julian's birthday, thus tainting that day for me, and will be gone during the entire month of August, which is already shaping up to be a very hard month for me personally. Not only is there the issue of having too few babysitters and too many days you need one, but now we can add a possible medical procedure or two to the list. For me, that is. Not Julian. You see, in a nutshell - I have been in incredible, chronic and cyclic pain for the last 5-6 months. When I did pursue answers, I was told "hormones" and all my worries were dimissed, only it turns out that it's not simply hormones, but possibly something a little more than that, and I will be finding out more at the end of July. Nothing life threatening, but nothing pleasant either...and while I don't wish to blog about it all until I know more about what I'm dealing with, it has become a huge weight on my shoulders, and knowing that I will be struggling through that PLUS a deployment, well, so much for a light and airy summertime...
Here's to looking forward to all the best parts of July, and to not focusing on the worst.
have a fun and SAFE 4th of July weekend :)
1 comment:
Sounds like a bittersweet month for you!! My fingers are crossed that things go smoothly, especially with the medical procedures. I'll keep you and your family in my prayers!
Post a Comment