Saturday, October 15, 2011

Happy Fall!

Man how I wish this could be one of those slow and lazy Autumn months that I've come to love...but instead it has been jam-packed with activity. There are so many things I've personally put on the to-do list to get the most out of the season, and that's not easy when you throw photography into the mix. A few weeks ago I had 3 shoots booked for October. This being my first Fall in business, I figured that was just par for the course and I filled all the gaps with family stuff instead (and became pretty darn excited about that!) Well, I'm learning a very valuable business lesson this month - don't think that just because you have three sessions booked on October 1st that it's going to stay that way. People are notoriously procrastinators (and I would be a hypocrite if I called them out on that - being one myself.) In the last 2 weeks I've more than doubled my sessions, pushing my own limits for what I feel I can personally take on for the month....and still trying to check all those family activities off the to-do list. It's insane, and it's stressful, but I know a break is looming this Winter, and I am looking forward to checking more and more off my personal to-do lists as the weather gets cooler.

In the meantime...we are enjoying the outdoors when and while we can! We've all suffered through our first cold of the season, and came out swinging. I know that once Winter hits, this little guy is going to get some serious cabin fever. I'm hoping to find some way to keep all that energy of his from turning to evil tasks like putting golf balls in the toilet or dumping toys down the basement stairs. I'm not quite sure I'm up for the challenge, to be honest!

 I hope everyone is enjoying the season! I plan to post some pictures from our recent family adventures just as soon as I find time. So, you know.....late November some time.

;)

No comments: