Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Outtakes

I love outtakes. I'd have more to post of them, but unfortunately this particular round with Sears Portrait Studio has not been a fun one. First, upon arriving for Julian's portraits we were told the computers were down and that we'd have to come back later in the week to view and order our prints. This was no easy feat for us during a week where we literally were out until after 9pm every night trying to get things done for Julian's birthday and the impending wedding Eddie was in. Nonetheless, we accomplished it, ordered our prints and went on our merry way. That is, until I get home and realize there's no info (codes) on there to view our photos online. This is a big deal for us as a good majority of Julian's family do not live anywhere nearby. So, a few calls and emails later I finally get the good news today that our pictures are online for viewing/ordering. Yay! Only...once I log into my account I realize that almost half of our photos are NOT in the the album. So, again I send more emails...and am currently waiting to hear back on that. I'm more than a little irked, so to distract myself from that situation, here are some fun outtakes!





I had this grand idea of BALLOONS - BALLOONS EVERYWHERE! Thinking maybe it would help my child sit still long enough to get his photo taken - big mistake. He was ALL over the place. Even chasing balloons out into the lobby. There was no containing him. If it weren't for his sudden desire to bat his eyelashes at the new photographer (we switched halfway through), we wouldn't have gotten any usable shots at all. I'm decently happy with how the finished product turned out (as in - not these), but I also find something really charming about all the 'bad' photos...and almost find myself ordering them just because they show off his personality so well. I'd share more with you - but first I have to wait for tech support to ride in one their geeky white horse and save my photos from the cyber abyss.

One more reason to hire a REAL photographer next time. Still working on that!

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Karina Chavez said...

Oh. My. Gosh! I seriously had an 'outtake' from h-e-l-l myself with Sears Portraits!!! Never again will I go back. First of all, I arrived 15 minutes early & the photographer said I was early! OK, so there I go with my child to browse around. I go back & now I can't be seen because there was someone ahead of me!!! "Excuse me, didn't I have an appt?!" So, huff away I go. I return, & finally I am seen and although the pictures were decent the prices were outrageous. AH! So, yes. I would have to agree a REAL photographer next time will be grand.

Cristen said...

I feel ya. I'm getting the run-around with customer service and it's not making me happy. They tried to tell me all my photos were there, which is funny because I actually ordered paper prints of a few photos that are NOT ONLINE. SO it's not like I made them up in my head. They freaking exist! They aren't on the website!!