Saturday, July 17, 2010
Summer swim time
Just a couple of pictures from J's last few trips to the pool. He LOVES the water! We've been looking forward to this summer and taking him swimming ever since he was a tiny baby. He always loved 'swimming' in the bathtub. I think next year will bring even more fun as he'll be a little bigger and more able to play without having someone literally holding onto him at all times. The baby pool is still a bit deep for him. He tries to crawl in it which results in a lunging, drowning motion with his face underwater, which results in my freaking out. He loves cruising the sides of it though (like the picture above) and has made a habit of finding little plants growing in the cracks, which he picks out and tries to eat. He also likes to swim around in the big pool on his belly with Mommy holding onto him while he kicks his legs like a little frog. So cute! I have yet to get brave enough to take him by myself, however. He's just far too active and if set down for even a second, will crawl at high speed towards the water. Kind of ruins all my ideas of us going together during the week to pass the time. I just feel like I need an extra hand to help out.
In other news, we now have less than a week before he turns one officially! I've already started making the mental leap - referring to him as "one" when asked his age. I guess that's a step in the direction of acceptance, right? I still have my moments, especially when looking at photos of him as a squirmy, tiny little baby, where I can get a bit teary eyed, but then I remind myself that I get to wake up to this wonderful gift every day - the gift of a happy, healthy child who is growing and thriving. How can I be sad about that? He's still my baby. I think he'll always be my baby. He's just going to have to deal with that.
Due to Eddie being in a wedding the day after J's birthday, we're having our (very small) party the following weekend. We plan to find some way to commemorate his big day nonetheless, even though Eddie will have to leave that afternoon to make it out of town for the rehearsal dinner. I'm not thrilled at the timing, I'll admit - but what can you do? J will then have his very first overnighter with Grandma while Mom and Dad enjoy the wedding and reception. I'm a little nervous about that part...mostly for my Mom (ha), but also for me. I've never spent more than a work day away from Julian, and especially never spent a whole night away from him. For all I know, he'll handle it better than I will!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment