Saturday, August 7, 2010

Belly Button


Julian officially knows where his belly button is. A few weeks ago if you asked him, you might have noticed him point to another part. One that was a tiny bit south. But now he either points to his actual belly button or just ignores you. I'm pretty sure he's hoping I'll stop asking him where it is now.

In related news, he also knows where his nose is (sometimes), where Mommy's nose is (sometimes), where the ceiling fan is, where the light is, the location of any balloon or ball within a 100 mile radius as well as happily points to and shows you the stars above his bed, and loves it when you point to all the cars/trucks/airplanes on his crib sheets and name them for him. Or name ANYTHING for him for that matter. He loves to flip through books and point at everything and have you describe what it is. He's even started pointing and 'naming' things himself. That is, if you understand Ewok language. He's sure been trying to talk more and more lately, we just have no idea what he's saying! It sounds awfully cute though. We've been working on a few simple signs lately too. He can now sign 'more', 'all done', and 'ball'. Too bad they all look like the same sign. ;) He's definitely in a stage where he's soaking up information at an alarming rate, though. It's amazing to watch. He's such a smart cookie!

I promise that I'm going to put up birthday party pictures soon. It's just kind of daunting at this point - there are so many I want to post, which means that doing the typical four picture Picasa easy-way-out upload is out of the question and I really hate how tedious it is to upload photos to blogger. I'll keep chipping away at it, though.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: