Friday, August 27, 2010

Someday I'll have the energy...

...To actually blog again. Right now we're in the throes of terrible teething. You know it's bad when you can honestly say that your child (who has never slept through the night in his entire existance) is sleeping (or NOT sleeping) worse than he did as a newborn infant. The only difference being that he actually slept during the DAY back then, which meant that there was at least an opportunity for me to catch a snooze on occasion. Instead now, I have a highly energetic toddler I get to chase around during the day (who sometimes gets mad at nothing and takes it out on Mommy) and a highly pissed-off toddler screaming in my face all night. No really - that's completely accurate with no drama added. I love him to the ends of the earth and back, but I'm soooo over this teething stuff. I want my sweet child back, and some sort of sleep to go with it so that I can stop being so exhausted and cranky all the time. The house is a wreck and I have no energy to even approach the every day menial tasks of dishes and laundry. For the life of me, I can't understand why molars need to take TWO MONTHS TO COME IN. Not that it's been two months. It's only been about 3 weeks, but I swear there's only the slightest progress in the teeth actually coming through the gums, and yet the sleeping issues get worse by the night.

Sorry for the vent. My brain is shot. I promise to post happy, loving stuff about my sweet son on another day when I am better rested and able to do so. In the meantime, here are some pictures to look at. They're not the best, thanks to J and I both having a bad cold last week and not really being able to get out and do much (or think straight) during that time.


Sparkle: (my wedding ring in all of it's un-cleaned glory)






Wood: (found this while cruising some back roads)






Green: (pretty self-explanatory)








Eyes: (cows make nice, patient models)
Posted by Picasa

No comments: