So, after much trying and hair pulling, I've decided to do this in several small posts. It's just better for all of us if I do it this way - and if anyone has any tips on how to post and arrange multiple photos on blogger without wanting to kill someone, please pass those along.
So...birthday party! Julian turned one officially on the 23rd, but due to Eddie being in a wedding that weekend, our party wasn't until the 31st. It was a very small get-together, just some family and close friends. On Wednesday night before the party Julian started with a fever. I took him into his doctor Thursday as I worried that we might finally have an ear infection, but his ears were fine. It was deemed viral and we were dismissed suchly. After reading and poking around on the web, I found some info on roseola and thought that might just be what was going on. Sure enough, his fever broke early Saturday morning and by Saturday night he was covered head-to-toe in a lovely rash! The poor guy. He was pretty miserable for at least a week, although he did muster up enough energy to have a decent time at his birthday party (and luckily wasn't so rashy that it ruined all the photos!) He did have a minor tearful meltdown when he woke up from his nap to see a living room full of people staring at him, though. A few photos to start off...
So...birthday party! Julian turned one officially on the 23rd, but due to Eddie being in a wedding that weekend, our party wasn't until the 31st. It was a very small get-together, just some family and close friends. On Wednesday night before the party Julian started with a fever. I took him into his doctor Thursday as I worried that we might finally have an ear infection, but his ears were fine. It was deemed viral and we were dismissed suchly. After reading and poking around on the web, I found some info on roseola and thought that might just be what was going on. Sure enough, his fever broke early Saturday morning and by Saturday night he was covered head-to-toe in a lovely rash! The poor guy. He was pretty miserable for at least a week, although he did muster up enough energy to have a decent time at his birthday party (and luckily wasn't so rashy that it ruined all the photos!) He did have a minor tearful meltdown when he woke up from his nap to see a living room full of people staring at him, though. A few photos to start off...
The party hat, which I forgot to actually put on him until after most of the guests had left. In my defense, he wouldn't have allowed it to be on for more than 30 seconds anyhow. It sure is cute, though and matched his little birthday shirt!
Afore-mentioned birthday shirt. Purchased on etsy just for the occasion (to be saved for him to someday look at and ponder how on earth he ever fit into such a tiny thing.) Here Julian is dodging his guests and beginning to obsess over the balloons (OMG he loves balloons.) We actually had to remove these from the premises about halfway through the party so that he would do something other than point at them and grunt.
shirt and paranoid look (still not so happy about the 'guests')
The smash cake! Made with love by Wal-Mart. How cute is that? Julian loves his Thomas books, so despite my desire to 'NOT HAVE A THEME', we ended up with sort of a Thomas theme. Only not really. It was still pretty 'theme-less'.
The last one was the cake we all got to enjoy - which wasn't nearly as cute as the smash cake in my opinion. I'm not complaining though - both cakes make it home intact despite having to run them out to car in a thunderstorm (with cranky baby and about $200 in groceries in tow). I was pretty impressed with ourselves!
To be continued...
No comments:
Post a Comment