We have great friends.
This is a purely random post, brought about by a lot of thinking and reflecting that I've done recently. Some days I feel pretty isolated being at home with J so much and not really getting the chance at a social life, but when I do finally get to be around our friends, I find that I really appreciate what they bring to our lives. So many of our friends have been witnesses at our wedding, have helped us move, then work on our home, have showered us with gifts and advice when we were expecting, and have adored and loved our son like he was one of their own. (Not to mention seen me sing karaoke after a few too many.) This means the world to me. Especially at a time in my life when family is so far away and hard to come by, I find that this group of friends have made themselves our extended family. We even bicker like family, and we go through periods where we lose touch for a bit, but we always manage to find our way back. It's so wonderful to be surrounded by people who knew you then, who know you now, and who are more then willing to point out the differences over a beer or three. All in good fun of course.
Thank you for being there.
I only hope that we are as good of friends to you and you are to us.
No comments:
Post a Comment