Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Out of Space

...That seems to be the theme of my life lately. From my memory cards to my hardrive, from our bedrooms to the basement and even the laundry hamper for pity's sake...my life needs some serious clearing out. Why is it that it's so much easier to fill things up than empty them out? Let me ponder that as I (literally) sit here and watch an episode of 'hoarders.' Will I ever stop feeling cramped and disorganized? One can only hope.

On a similar note: Spring is here, and with Spring comes the annual 'we will get things done!' discussions. Ah yes. You know how it goes - so full of hope in April with your "To Do" lists and your big plans, only to realize by June that you got maybe 1/5th of it all accomplished.  I've learned to look at things realistically (if not somewhat pessimistically) in order to not get my hopes up. That being said, this year we're going to make it happen. YES. It's time to either finish this place, or move. There is just no point to living in a home that does not work for you whatsoever. That's right, dear friends...it's time to hire out. We are actually going to pay someone to make this happen, and by posting that revelation here on my blog, I am going to be incredibly embarassed if June comes and we STILL have nothing done. I'm not excited about watching the money go, but just the idea of a finished bathroom...floor trim...closet doors...I'm getting excited already!! I must contain myself!!

Added to the To Do list this year will be something special for Julian - a YARD. I'm happy to report that after 3 years of correspondance, the owner of the vacant lot next door has decided to sell it to us! We will be leveling out some trees and fencing in a (generously sized, I hope) area that will be designated just for Julian. The fence, unfotunately, is necessary. Part of the reason why our current yard is not safe is because it drops off rather severely to the lake, and our front yard is just nonexistant and slopey. I am very very excited about this project. I no longer will have to pack my son into the car (or golf cart) and drive all the way down to the golf course every time he needs a little outdoor time. I'm just hoping it gets done before the super nasty heat and humidity set in.

Wish us luck. Maybe there will be signs of progress on this blog afterall. Just maybe!

1 comment:

Ashley said...

I love throwing stuff away, hah. Every few weeks I clean out a closet or something and throw so much away, or put it in a bag to donate.

I can't wait until we have a yard. We have to drive to the park for outdoor play too.