Occasionally I have friends that ask me to photograph them, and occasionall I ask (beg) friends for the opportunity to practice on them or their children. Thanks to the latter, I got to photograph the sweetest little boy last weekend. Newborn photography was one of those things that frightened me beyond belief. You see, I'm a bit of a naturalist when it comes to photography (so I'm discovering). I don't really like to pose people. I feel that I'm better at capturing people in their natural element. Well, what IS newborn photography but hours of posing and manipulating the shot? It really didn't appeal to me at first, but I dunno....I'm kinda hooked. I think I kind of want to photograph newborns some more :)
Here's a few of my favorites. Hats made by yours truly (pretty basic...but I've got about 10 more in the works. I think crochet just might be addictive!) I definitely see room for improvement, but that's what practice shoots are for!
I normally don't share practice shoots on my blog, but I just couldn't resist :)






3 comments:
I LOVE it. Oh it makes my uterus ache!!!
You did a wonderful job!
Seriously, these are just yummy! Ohh, those little baby fingers and toes! So precious when they sleep! Great job!
Post a Comment