Tuesday, January 11, 2011

2/52

Theme: Macro

I'm switching this week's theme with next week's breakfast theme. Yesterday I worked pretty diligently on getting a few good macro snowflake shots and well, I doubt I'll be wanting to mess around with macro shots again next week ;)

These were achieved by using reverse lens macro...where you remove your lens from the camera and turn it around backwards. I used my 35mm lens with an adapter that actually mounts your lens on backwards (I had purchased it to use with another lens and forgot that I even had it.) It's a tedious process to get anything in focus, but the results can be rewarding!

And yes, I'm cheating...I couldn't pick just one.

2 comments:

Tina Nicole said...

LOVE IT!!! Those are great! You are really coming a long way with that DSLR. Keep shooting I love following you to see all your great photos. :)

diary of a single mommy said...

Wow, those turned out great! I still haven't done the reverse lens thing but seeing these I just might do it sometime over the next few days.