The theme list I am currently using had this week's theme as 'tired' with next week being 'sleep.' I thought that was rather redundant, so I just grouped the two together this week and next week will be a theme of my choosing.
Here Week 4's photo...and I do realize that I constantly cheat by putting two photos together. I just have a hard time choosing one sometimes :)
This is a pretty rare occurance...not only does my child not really SLEEP, but he's such a light sleeper that I haven't been able to get a photo of him in the act since he passed the tiny infant stage. I was actually heading in to wake him from a nap (we had to get to a doctor's appointment) and I'm glad I thought at the last minute to grab my camera. I knew I'd get only a couple of shots before I woke him, so I tried to make the best of it! I do like these two, although it's hard to get good shots in the near darkness of the bedroom.
It's kind of ironic that I'm posting this today, as I've had some of the most frustrating nights/mornings with my son as of recently. He has never been a good sleeper, and has never made it a whole night through without waking, but he was doing exceptionally well before the onslaught of illness hit us again. Phases like that seem to serve no purpose other than to really frustrate me. I get a small taste of 'normalcy'...of rest, and then the other shoe drops and we're back to 4+ wakings a night...and a child that refuses to go back to sleep most mornings at 4am. I'm hoping that now the antibiotics are done, the illness is at bay (temporarily I'm sure) and that he's actually NOT teething for the first time in 6 months that some of this craziness will stop. I am not a very good mother, friend or wife when I'm exhausted...and I've been exhausted for a very long time.
Send happy sleep thoughts my way, please. He sure does look peaceful when he actually DOES give in to the sandman for a while ;)

No comments:
Post a Comment