With the new year upon us, I very much considered taking on a project 365 (where you take/post one photo every day for a year), but soon realized that my track record for following through isn't so great. Instead, I've decided to do a project 52 (one photo per week), which actually is going to turn into a project 53 as I'm going to try and follow the themes from this list (subject to change if I can't fulfill that week's theme). It has the first 'week' listed as January 1-3, and since today is the 3rd, I will go ahead and get started!
The theme is 'new' and here is just a quick snap of my little dude in front of my new wall decoration!
Eddie and I thought we'd start the year off right by jumping into a few small home projects...unfortunately, all but this one went terribly wrong, and this one isn't quite complete either as we need to reallign one of the frames that isn't sitting correctly.
Nonetheless, this is a pretty momentous event - the first photos to ever graze these walls (if not in the history of us owning the house, than in a really REALLY long time.) The sheetrock isn't done. The mantel is gone with no plan of being replaced anytime soon, but by golly we've got pictures on the wall. It only took 8 years! If this is any indication of how our home projects will go this year, just point me to the nearest real estate agent.
As for project 52/53, prepare for a lot of photos just like this one. Most will be taken around the house, some might be great, most probably won't be...but perhaps at the end of 2011, I can look back and remember little things about my year that I wouldn't have otherwise. We'll see if I can keep up with it! If nothing else, it'll keep me practicing with my camera during weeks when photo inspiration is hard to come by (like I don't know...NOW?)

1 comment:
I love it. I thought the same thing about project 365, no way I could get that done :) GOOD LUCK and great photographs.
Post a Comment