Wednesday, April 13, 2011

The down side to nursing a 20 month old...

So, when Julian was tiny, we referred to nursing as 'boobies.' It was seemingly harmless, and it stuck. I guess I really wasn't forseeing myself nursing long enough to have a child that could actually speak, and therefore ASK for 'boobies.' It's pretty cute, most of the time...but when your cranky, tired toddler is screaming "BOOBIES! NEE NEE! BOOBIES! NEE NEE!" at you in the middle of Wal-Mart, you feel a little bit like punching yourself for not calling it something else.

(note: Nee Nee is Julian's word for 'nite nite'...and at naptime and bedtime, the boobies go hand-in-hand with the 'nee nee', so when he's tired...he will flat out ask for both. Usually while standing in front of, and banging on the bedroom door.)

(second note: I thoroughly apologize to any males that might actually be reading this, although I doubt few will.)

(third note: some men find it funny - like my husband, who can be heard snickering at 2am when my son is standing in his crib demanding his 'boobies.' I will refrain from repeating the other comments said husband makes regarding boobies in general.)

4 comments:

Samantha of the Ojibirish11 said...

Hilarious, this is just too funny! Thanks for the giggle :)

Lori Romano said...

Hahaha! This post totally cracked me up Cristen! Love it! I wasn't sure how long I would be nursing either, but I was convinced that if my daughter started speaking before she was weaned, she would be referring to it as "boob juice" as my husband did. We managed to dodge that bullet thank goodness!

Miriah said...

now I just feel like a quitter : ) Bea is completely weaned as of last week. It was easier than I thought it would be but much harder than with Evie! Julian cracks me up and I can only imagine Eddie's comments! ya'll are too funny!

Miriah said...

now I feel like a quitter : ) Bea is officially weaned as of last week, it was easier than I thought it would be but much harder than with Evie! Not sure if this is going to post twice, sorry if you have double my babble! Ohh, and Julian cracks me up and I can only imagine Eddie's comments--ya'll are too funny!