So, I've got a little side project going...
www.facebook.com/sweetpicklepictures
I won't lie - it's a little scary to put myself out there. I guess I always imagined that if I was going to try and do this semi-professionally, I would be flawless at it first. Then I realized that like most things in life, photography is one of those things that you are always learning at. Shots you love today you will undoubtedly cringe at three months from now... it's kind of like saying you'll wait to have children until you have enough money, or enough space, or enough patience and then one day realizing you will never have enough of those things.
As for the name - I'm sure some/many of you that know me well or have been around the blog for a while know that Pickle means a little something to me. Long before Julian was Julian, he was Pickle...and thanks largely to him, I rediscovered photography and threw myself into something I thought I would never want to do - portraits. He is my muse and my inspiration and it does my heart good to honor him in some small way with the name that I have chosen. Even if quite a few people are bound to think I'm just really really fond of pickles. Which I am (and so is he, oddly enough). :)
If you do visit the above link, hit the 'like' button at the top and you'll get to see all my thoughtful updates and photos and all that happy stuff....uh...when I get around to posting some. A website of sorts is in the works, but thanks to teething and a general lack of knowledge in that area, don't expect it any time soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment